Filed under: Dan Cottrell, Rugby Coaching, Rugby Fitness, Rugby Training | Tags: Better Rugby Coaching, conditioning, fitness, rugby recovery
In pre season, players must rest and recovery.
Here are five ways to recovery better.
1. Straight after training: light stretching, cool shower (not hot bath), stay off the feet, drink water and sports drinks.
2. Rest days: define a rest day for each week. That means no training. It has a funny psychological effect of making players think they should be training on the other days!
3. Rest injuries in pre season. A player should isolate their injury and work on other areas. Leg injuries – upper body work. Upper body, running or cycling.
4. Recovery can include recovering the mind as well. Play other sports.
5. Sleep! Encourage players to take early nights to help their recovery process.